Saturday, January 13, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 1.13.2023

Today is the second Saturday of January and the color dark/bright green. I decided to make Hollow Nines blocks as part of my RSC2024 since I have quite a few 2.5 inch squares cut. The first step was to separate the dark and light greens from the parts department.


The next step was to make the blocks...lol. I think I am going to like making this block!


pattern inspiration: Cathy at Sane, Crazy and Crumby Quilting, blogged here.
                                Mari at Academic Quilter, blogged here.
                                Maggie at Making a Lather, blogged here but scroll down to see
                                Julie is GA has started Hollow Nines as a RSC2024 project, 
                                    blogged here

I'm sure there are more examples out in blogland!

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday.



10 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Hollow 9-Patch blocks looks great! Thanks for sharing the links to others who have made them. I've started making some too, so nice and easy!

Julierose said...

Your Hollow 9-patches in green are so pretty...nice work Hugs, Julierose

Delighted Hands said...

That's a fun name and a good way to organize the scrappy greens! I like it!

maggie fellow said...

nice sets of green blocks - they look great

Susie H said...

Looking good for RSC 2024!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always like the Hollow 9 patches, too, and they're on my list to make. They'll make a fun design in all the colors of the rainbow!

grammajudyb said...

The Hollow 9 patches are great fun. I made some in the past after seeing Mari’s at The Academic Quilter. I finished mine in May 2022. Looking forward to watching your progress!

Mari said...

I love the hollow nines! Great start for the RSC, and pretty greens.

Cathy said...

Hollow Nines are a fun, simple yet striking block, and yours are delightful!

Jenny said...

I'll be adding Hollow Nines to RSC list too very soon.