Friday, January 26, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 1.26.2023

My finishes this week are my Puppy Love!

First I quilted and bound the lap quilt. I'm on the fence if I should donate it before Valentine's Day or after. I could use it as an example of a February item to create for the Birthday Bash Challenge at my night guild...


pattern: Suite Times from Easy Peasy book by Fabric Cafe
panto: serpentine

I also finished my Puppy Love placemats. I decided to quilt the placemats on Baby...my piecing machine. I pulled out an old trick and used DH's painters tape to use as guides. I did stop/start concentric rectangles in the center with pink thread then switched to red thread to outline the border. The quilting is a little wonky but I was just looking to hold the layers together in the wash!


Here are my placemats out in the wild on the kitchen table. I like to change out my placemats with the holiday or season! The purple hearts with the Puppy Love placemats are growing on me as I didn't like the look at first....


pattern: hummm. These were extra strata from Suite Times I re-purposed. I added a
                                few borders so they measured about 13 x 17 inches.
quilting: concentric rectangles in center and outline border

My friend Mary came over and tried her hand at long arming. She did a great job for her first time and never gave up! It was a full day from 11 am until 5 pm with a short lunch break.


pattern: I think it's a Fabric Cafe pattern but I didn't ask.
panto: serpentine aka waves as it has lighthouses on it for her brother who is a
                    boater!

The most exciting news is that after 16 years my long arm has a nickname! It's D.D. or DeeDee and it is short for DivaDinosaur...LOL

Sharing today with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday and 



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Puppy Love is such a sweet finish! I love your placemats, too. They make a fun table! How fun for your friend to come over and learn the longarm, too. I would love to have a local friend I could learn from, like you!

Deb said...

wow you are really on a roll with moving those top along! I say keep the red for Valentines and then donate. That way it serves even people. Great mentoring on the long arming too! I have a bit of a fear of it although I have a friend willing to let me try! I will stick to piecing!

Delighted Hands said...

Your table looks great with the new placemats!!!!

Judy S. said...

Love that quilt! Boy, you sure are a speedy finisher. And then you finished such pretty placemats also. Bravo!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awww Puppy Love!!!
the placemats are great - I like that idea of changing them out!!