Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year! 1.1.2024

 


I saw this on Cozy Quilts FB page and thought it was cute and fitting! Thank you Cozy Quilts for the graphic!

The new year is a time of new starts so...

This is my old tired ironing board cover and iron. I actually brought the iron when a resort close to my house in Wisconsin was going out of business. Since the iron was a Sunbeam 'hospitality' iron, I hoped there was no shut off. Well, it does auto shut off but it did get really hot. I've cleaned the teflon bottom a few times but it still dragged across the fabric.

I dug out a new ironing pad cover and then purchased a new Sunbeam I found in the clearance section of Wal*Mart. It's amazing how easy this new iron glides over the fabric! The cord is in a little bit different configuration and seems to gravitate to the space between the holder and board and gets stuck! A little bit of time with it will ease that issue. LOL

I want to make a few bags for the kid's Christmas for the gifts that normally go into the stockings. I have until Saturday to get the bags completed! I cut the pairings this afternoon before the Rose Bowl.


pattern: gift bag by JustJude Designs




2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy New Year, Pat! A new iron and ironing board cover sound like a great way to start the year. Hope you had fun making the gift bags today!

Delighted Hands said...

Nothing like a new ironing station!!! Happy New Year to you!