Monday, January 2, 2023

Design Wall Monday 1.2.2023

The best laid plans ... gone awry!

I was planning on sewing with Working Stars FB group. I even had fabric pulled and a pattern chosen.

When I went to the sewing room, I had three more Ohio Stars ready to sew. So let's just do a quick sew and finish the 12 blocks I wanted for the Carol of Giraffe Dreams Memorial Block Drive.


I then thought, I'll just add a bit of sashing. After all, these blocks are a bit wonky and should all be kept together!


pattern sparks: Ohio Stars

Here I ran into trouble plus it was lunch time. I'll need to figure out the outer borders as I am almost out of the sashing fabric. 

I then spied a stack of fabric that I wanted to cut into 3 inch and 2.5 inch strips. Lynn from the Michigan QOV-ers shared that she cuts 51: 3 inch strips and sews them jelly roll race style to make finish quilt at about 60 x 80. ummm...I mentioned that a guild a couple months ago and some of the girls where wondering if I would plan a meeting with this as the focus. Only if I try it first! Strips cut and ready to sew.

Yup, I never did sew any blocks for the Working Stars group.

Day 2 of the New Year and I'm already deviating from my plan. OK, I'm just finishing up some projects from 2022 so I can start the 2023 projects. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday



3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It looks to me like you had a lot of fun in your sewing room yesterday! The Ohio stars with sashing are really pretty. Looking forward to seeing how those strips come together, too. Happy New Year!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

At least when you get lost in your sewing room you are VERY productive!! haha!!! The ohio stars look great!!!

Judy Hansen said...

Boy, does that sound like me in my sewing room! haha. You are in the right group of quilters here - we can all relate! Thanks for participating in the Design Wall Mondays Linky Party. Hugs, Judy