Saturday, January 28, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 1.28.2023

Today is the fourth Saturday of January of the color dark/bright blue. My brights have morphed into lights and when light blue is the color of the month...well, I'll have to decide on another color. LOL

I had a hard time deciding on a fourth block and/or technique to focus on. I usually like to have a little something different to show on each Saturday of the month.  Four quilt building blocks are made each month so, in theory, I should have four rainbow quilts at the end of the year!

I finally decided to make friendship braids. My quilting buddy shared this technique a few years ago and I have the binding tool. So I combined both techniques! I did start my braid on a 2.5 inch square since I am using 2.5 inch strips.


Here is the dark blue braid. Ummm, maybe I should stick to more monochromatic fabric. LOL


Here is the light blue, I decided NOT to trim this one but I did stay stitch around both braids because of the bias edges and handling.

pattern: Quilting Buddy and Friendship Braid/Missouri Star Quilt Company

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.



5 comments:

Carol R. said...

I LOVE this! I've tried braids in the past, but never got very far; I think this way will work better for me. I already have the 'tool', just have to find where I stashed it. There are at least three bins, each a little bigger than a large shoe box, filled with green scraps. This project should dwindle them down to at least two bins.

Ivani said...

Your Friendship braids look great. Very interesting the binding tool.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great block for a rainbow of scraps! It will be fun to see that quilt develop!

Helenchaffin said...

what an interesting block,I luv it!

Judy S. said...

Nice! I can't wait to see it put together. You are one talented quilter.