Saturday, January 14, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 1.14.2023

I'm a little late today as when I went to post this morning, the battery on my laptop died. Off to charge her up and I got involved in my days activities. Onward...

Today is the second Saturday of January of the color dark/bright blue. For today, I decided upon houses and huts to show.

First are the houses. My bright blue has morphed into light blue this month and I wasn't sure it would 'show' against the sky fabric.

pattern: Debby Brown's Pink Houses

My huts were an accident. I took a 6.5 inch cut crumb block. Sewed 2.5 x 6.5 cut sky on either side then when I made the roof...oops. I cut the roof 10.5 x 4.5 and the sky blocks at 4.5 square (I did a stitch and flip for the triangle). Here is the result. A flat top roof...which looks more like a hut to me! LOL

pattern spark: an 'oops' that turned into a design opportunity

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday

6 comments:

Vireya said...

Cute houses and huts!

grammajudyb said...

Well, what I call a “happy accident “ for sure! So cute!

Cathy said...

I love your houses and huts too!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Houses and huts... LOVE!!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great attitude about your oops moment. I like the variety of peaked and non-peaked roofs. More interesting than if they all matched.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are cute - another great idea for crumb blocks! Now I'm in trouble!