Saturday, January 7, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 1.7.2023

Today is the first Saturday of January of the colors dark/bright blue. 

I've decided on a few blocks to use the scraps/stash but am having trouble settling on a fourth. The first block is pretty straight forward. I cut down my novelty fabric that wasn't 6.5 inches to 4.5 inches and will frame them in the month's color. I'm going to try and make them in groups of six.

First the dark blue frames. Yes, I had enough Sponge Bob and Patrick to make a row.


My bright blues might have morphed into light blue. Yes, I had enough of camping bears to make six.



pattern spark: 4.5 inch cut novelty with a 2.5 inch cut frame

Sharing with:


6 comments:

Jeanne said...

OOOH, my grandsons would love the SpongeBob fabric!!!!

scraphappy said...

I have some of that sponge bob fabric in my stash as well. I remember making tiny curtains for the kids bathroom when they were small. Lovely combinations of light and dark blue. Those will work into some happy kids quilts.

Cathy said...

Fun blocks, Pat! You’re off to a super start!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are always great blocks for a scrappy quilt! I didn't manage to leave a comment on your post yesterday, but I did like how your 3 inch race quilt turned out, too. I still need to count my 3 inch strips - I have a bunch!

Cathy said...

Happy Blocks always make me happy!

Susan said...

Great idea and blocks. I wonder if I have enough novelty fabrics left to do that. Maybe from my hexagon fussy cuts, I'll have to check. I definitely have enough blues!